Rice and Beans are common ingredients for many dishes. For many, it is a daily food item.
Then the question rises, Does Rice and beans make you fat?
The answer is no, rice and beans do not make you fat. White rice contains 1.83 grams of protein. They also give you 82 calories of energy. So we can see that this is not enough to make you fat. But if you eat too much, it will be bad for you eventually.
But wait, don’t leave yet. Because we have provided more detailed information in this article. We have also provided some healthy Rice and Beans recipes for you to enjoy.
Does Rice and Bean Make You Fat?
No, rice and beans do not make you fat. But anything excessive is bad. If rice and beans are consumed correctly, it’s beneficial to your health and can make you thinner. You can even follow a specific meal plan to maintain low body fat.
If you consume too much it will be bad for you. You could consume too many carbohydrates. But still do not get enough vitamin C if you eat a lot of rice. Additionally, it can increase your risk for cardiovascular disease and Type 2 diabetes.
After eating rice, you frequently feel hungry again, which encourages overeating. Because rice has a lot of starch, eating too much of it can make diabetes worse.
We have provided detailed info on how much you should eat and be healthy.
Nutritional Aspects of Beans and Rice
Now that we know the types of rice and beans, let’s learn about the nutrition aspects. Every food has some unique nutritional qualities to them.
Here are a chart of the nutrition of beans and rice–
|Nutrient Proximations||White Rice||Brown Rice|
|Energy||82 calories||68 calories|
|Protein||1.83 grams||1.42 grams|
|Total lipid (fat)||0.65 grams||0.15 grams|
|Carbohydrates||17.05 grams||14.84 grams|
|Fiber||1.1 grams||0.2 grams|
|Sugars||0.16 grams||0.03 grams|
|Calcium||2 milligrams||5 milligrams|
|Iron||0.37 milligrams||0.63 milligrams|
|Fatty acid||0 grams||0 grams|
|Cholesterol||0 milligrams||0 milligrams|
Are Rice and Beans Really Good for You?
Yes, similar to spam and rice, rice and beans contain fiber which helps our body. One cup of rice and beans can have up to 10 grams of fiber. Fiber can prevent certain types of cancer. Also, it has the potential to regulate blood sugar.
Most beans are commonly cooked with rice like red kidney, pinto, and black-eyed peas. These contain antioxidants. Antioxidants can protect against cell damage. Cell damage is one of the main reasons of cancer, heart disease other chronic diseases.
Is It Healthy To Eat Beans And Rice Every Day?
Women should consume 25 grams of fiber. And men need to consume 31 grams of fiber daily. But we can calculate a regular person’s daily intake. Then we will see that the person is consuming way fewer amounts. (if they only eat rice and beans)
Calories are also very low in rice and beans. For an adult, daily intake should be 1600 to 2400 calories. But we can see from the above chart that rice and beans contain way less. They have 82 calories per serving.
So, yes. You can eat rice and beans every day. But alongside rice and beans, an average person needs to eat more food for bodybulding. If you’re trying to bodybuild you can include rice and beans in your diet.
Alongside the diet, you can use HIDRAGENIX to maintain your healthy figure.
Some Easy Recipes Using Rice And Beans
You can easily make something healthy with rice and beans for your meal. Here are some easy-to-cook recipes using rice and beans.
Black Beans and Rice
This classic black bean and rice recipe is easy to make. It also takes a total of 30 minutes to prepare.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cups uncooked white rice, long grain or jasmine rice
- 4 cups chicken broth (or stock)
- 2x 14-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3-4 tablespoons lime juice, (adjust to your tastes)
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped coriander (or parsley), to garnish
- In a stockpot or saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. When the onion is translucent, add it and continue to sauté. One minute later, add the garlic and continue to cook. Add the rice and cumin, combine the flavors, and sauté for an additional minute.
- When the rice is tender. Pour in the broth and beans, bring to a boil, cover, and lower the heat. Then simmer for 20 minutes. (stirring halfway through).
- Remove from the fire and sprinkle with cilantro, lime juice, and a tiny amount of olive oil. (approximately 2 teaspoons). Taste the food and add a little salt and pepper for your taste of liking.
Spanish Rice and Beans
Wanna have something fancy for dinner? Try this Spanish rice and beans.
- White rice
- Canned beans
- Fire-roasted canned tomatoes
- Start by putting some olive oil over medium heat. It should be a sizable pan with a fitting top. Add the onion and simmer for 5 to 6 minutes, or until tender. after it is hot. At the last minute, add the garlic.
- Spices’ true flavor potential is unlocked when they are cooked in hot oil. This procedure, known as blooming, completely alters how flavor is developed. It only takes a minute or two. if you take longer, you run the risk of burning the spices.
- Rice’s flavor is enhanced by being cooked for about 2 minutes after being stirred in. The rice will start to turn transparent and start smell quite delicious.
- Although water may be used for the vegetable or chicken broth called for in the recipe. You can adjust for the excess salt at the very end if necessary.
- When the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is soft. Then simmer the mixture, covered, for about 25 minutes. Finally, distribute the olives over top and, if preferred, drizzle with parsley oil!
Mexican Rice and Beans
Before you start cooking this remember one thing. Ensure the serving plates are warm when you serve. Keep them in the oven at the lowest setting.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- green peppers, cut into dices
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp paprika
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1tsp tomato paste
- 2 cups red beans (canned)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- In a pan over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the onion, pepper, and garlic, and cook for two to three minutes. Remember to stir occasionally. Add the oregano, paprika, and cumin and stir for 1 minute.
- Rice is added and cooked for 2 minutes. Or until the grains are thoroughly coated in oil. Beans and tomato paste broth should be added. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to “low,” cover the pan, and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the rice is cooked al dente. Seasoning can be adjusted.
- Remove from heat, cover, and allow it to stand for two to three minutes. Use a fork to fluff before serving in the warmed bowls.
More Dishes You Can Cook Using Rice and Beans
There are a variety of dishes you can cook with rice and beans. Were giving dishes for both vegetarian and non-vegetarian people. So everyone can enjoy rice and beans in their dishes. Here is a list of dishes you can cook with rice and beans.
- Black Bean and Rice Salad
- Rice and Bean Casserole
- Caribbean Rice and Beans
- Italian-Seasoned Rice and Beans
- Rice and Bean Burrito
- Caribbean Yellow Rice and Pink Beans
- Beef and Black Beans with Rice
- Mexican Beef and Rice Skillet
- Hearty Beans and Rice Recipe
- One-Pot Mexican Beef, Rice & Beans
What Kind of Weight is Best for Losing Weight?
Walking, jogging, running, cycling, swimming, weight training, interval training, yoga, and Pilates. These are all excellent options for burning calories. Nevertheless, numerous more exercises might support your efforts to lose weight. The most crucial thing is to pick an activity you enjoy.
Which Kind of Beans has the Best Quantity of Protein?
By far the most protein-rich bean is boiling soybeans, sometimes referred to as edamame. A remarkable 32% of the daily intake (DV) for protein on a 2,000-calorie diet is found in just 1/2 cup of edamame. Soybean-based foods also contain large levels of this macronutrient.
Can you Have Rice and Beans on a Diet?
Eating beans and brown rice every day won’t kill you. But it’s best to add a range of other foods for a well-rounded diet. Knowing that a rice and bean diet won’t provide you with all the nutrients you require. It will help you resist the temptation to consume rice and beans to save money.
So, that is everything you needed to know about does rice and beans make you fat. Rice and beans are a really good meal.
Beans are a perfect substitution for meats. For vegetarians, beans are a good source of protein.
Good luck with your diet!